11 February 2011

Night Life.

California Academy of Sciences located at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco is one of the most popular museums in the world.  It houses a planetarium, natural history museum, aquarium and a 4-story rainforest. Last Thursday night, Paulo and I were finally able to go see it. I've been wanting to go for the longest time but never got the time to do so. Our weekends here are always crazy busy and checking out new places in the city has always been at the bottom of our To Do List. Luckily, my friends got us tickets so we were able to go to their Thursday night drinks, music and educational sightseeing event called Nightlife. It was fun and very interesting. You enter (21 and up), buy a drink and go around the museum appreciating world history and natural science. I found it a very fresh idea to mix cocktails and late night museum visits and how good a combination champagne and glow in the dark jellyfishes make.

An Instagram Pic of the Aquarium.

Paulo & I looking amazed.


The aquariums were breathtaking. They had a huge one dedicated to our Philippine Coral Reef. One of the most beautiful in the world. I felt so proud knowing it was one of the biggest and most beautiful ones there. I stared at it for the longest time and it made me want to buy myself a small aquarium for our home.  I love how sea creatures are so calming. The Jellyfishes were another story. They were glowing in different colors and were so mesmerizing. Exactly how they reproduced it in Finding Nemo. 


Bright Big Jellies.


Me with the little jellyfishes.

The natural history museum was also as interesting. But I don't know, I wasn't as excited with it as I was with the aquariums. The Living roof was also impressive. They had red lights all around and I'm sure the view would've been fantastic had it not been so dark and late at night. I owe it a visit one weekend. They said the view is spectacular. 

Natural History :)

We ended at 10 pm. Pretty early for a night out with drinks. It wasn't so bad though since we were able to go around the whole place and it wasn't as busy and crowded as I thought. There were no lines and everybody was just very relaxed. We weren't exhausted and nobody got a hangover. My friends and I agree that it would be the best place to bring someone on a first date. No pressure, fun, good music and the best part is, you'll never run out of interesting things to talk about. You'll learn tons of new things like how it's like to be killed by an anaconda, how a starfish actually feels, how to make felt orchids or how to dissect a bird. The list goes on and on. 

Too bad I missed it. I would have to wait another 30 minutes.
It was fun. I spilled my drink a couple of times while walking, tried taking pictures of my friend kissing a fish, wondered why these two certain fishies were always swimming together and missed that crucial moment the Foucault's Pendulum hit that thin metal cylinder. By a split second.  

But all in all, I had a great time. Even if, yeah, I only took very few sips of my mimosa. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment